Please forward this message to anyone who will enjoy or benefit from it.
To be included into or unsubscribe from this distribution list, please send mail to email@example.com
Community Relations (Outreach)
There are many in our society who are not as fortunate as we are. We have to remind ourselves consistently that we do need to lend a helping hand whenever we can afford to do so. Whether physically challenged, underprivileged, or less fortunate, each of us deserve to live our lives with dignity and respect, irrespective of our race, or religion.
The objective of our community relations unit is to provide direct or indirect services to the less fortunate in the community.
- We complement the government's Social Welfare Department by assisting :
- The disabled to obtain the government social welfare OKU cards and benefits.
- Making applications for Old Age Benefits and monthly cash aid for those living below the poverty line.
- Assist the working disabled to apply for the monthly Disabled Pension Allowance ('Elaun Pencen Cacat') of RM200.00 and to obtain detailed information on the financial status of the disabled and their families for the Social Welfare Department.
- Sponsoring of wheelchairs.
- Provide support, information, advice, networking with other NGOs.
Donation of wheelchair.
Provide new spectacles.
Obtain welfare cards.
- Job Placement
After job training, we network with potential employers for placement. On successful placement, the disabled are provided with follow-up and counseling. We work closely with the disabled to help them adapt to the working environment and employer for the supervision and acceptance of the disabled in the work force.
- Auxiliary Equipment
Loan / Rent / Assist in purchase of auxiliary equipment such as wheelchairs, walkers, calipers, etc.
- Home Visitation
We visit the homes of less fortunate in the community on a weekly basis and assess their needs, establish eligibility for benefits and services such as food supplies, medical or welfare, and help them to obtain the necessary. We also arrange for transportation if required, and provide emotional support and help them become involved in their own well-being, in community recreation programs and in other activities. We monitor and keep case records on their report progress and refer them to other sources of assistance.
- Medical Aids
We work closely with the Penang General Hospital, Klinik Choong, Island Medical Associates and other clinics for their resources to provide medical assistance to the needy in the community.